Anyone know how to speed up Wordpress?

SaucyJ

Awards
Yeah as Deathicious mentions, it'd be better to pin point exactly what might be making your website slow if you post some results from the 3 sites he mentioned.

In general for me, for nearly every Wordpress site I create, I use WP Rocket which is really simple to use, paired with an image compression tool like imagify or ShortPixel, to make the images smaller in size and I really like that they convert them to WebP too for mobile (which Google Page Test loves), and then I use Cloudflare for getting my free SSL and CDN

Using those 3 tools usually ticks all the boxes for me... although there's only so much you can do if you're actually on a bad web hosting company, so again getting your results might make it a bit easier to see what you should go with

Deathicious

Awards
Yeah as Deathicious mentions, it'd be better to pin point exactly what might be making your website slow if you post some results from the 3 sites he mentioned.

In general for me, for nearly every Wordpress site I create, I use WP Rocket which is really simple to use, paired with an image compression tool like imagify or ShortPixel, to make the images smaller in size and I really like that they convert them to WebP too for mobile (which Google Page Test loves), and then I use Cloudflare for getting my free SSL and CDN

Using those 3 tools usually ticks all the boxes for me... although there's only so much you can do if you're actually on a bad web hosting company, so again getting your results might make it a bit easier to see what you should go with
Do you use WP Rocket as nulled and full version? Also Are you happy with the ShortPixel stuff? I know they are working on credit system and seems boring to pay thousands of resized images as a new resizing event and also Webp is not supported on every browser and cache system anyway..

TheBesttttt

Awards
I run quite a few Wordpress sites. Limit your plugins. Make sure plugins that you use aren't performance and memory hogs, php7.2 and Redis work great, Nginx and simple server tuning.

coycol

Awards
Try to reduce the size of IMG files, I dont know your situation but in case you have so much content loading at the same time in pages and they are big files like for ex. RealEstate Agency website with 12MB images from DSLR huhh that takes time to load.

hotboy00709

Awards
Personally I have experience with all three and I currently only use WP Rocket because this plugin has a feature set that just 'works' on high load websites and doesn't need advanced configuration. WP Rocket makes your website faster and helps you serve immense amounts of traffic through a single VPS. But almost all the plugins can make this work.

Daniel Benites

Awards
Do you use it locally on your system? I ask this because mine somehow is also very slow when building, editing and viewing locally. On the other hand, when i do all these things with WordPress on my Google Cloud Platform, somehow things go a lot quicker :)
i happends to me too

hsynclb

Awards
[1] .htaccess change to include some code for the expiration of files, query ids from URLs.
[2] Optimize press for caching
[3] Smush pro for image optimization
[4] remove unnecessary plugins
[5] If possible use CDN
[6] PHP 7+
[7] Minify your CSS and JS files using 3rd plugins such as WP-Rocket or Autooptimized.

rizvejoarder

Awards
I m a web developer mainly in WordPress. I have tested many caches plugins. I Installed a few caches plugins and tested speed in GT matrix which ones work best. I saw WP Fastest Cache work well. I added WP Fastest Cache Pro later and checked speed. I saw the speed improved. I also added Cloudflare CDN with WP Fastest Cache recommend settings. Now the website is very good. wp rocket also worked good but this one worked for me faster than wp rocket. Images also make website slow so I suggest save images for the web and reduce size.

vVayna

Awards
You need optimations
İnstall those

autoptimize
backupbuddy
bwp-minify
imagemagick-engine
wp-deferred-javascripts
wp-fastest-cache-premium