1. Please Sign Up if you don't have account. And Login if you have account.

Question Can all Nulled XenForo addons be trusted or should I look through the trade?

Discussion in 'General XenForo 2 Discussion' started by nigersssssss, Jul 17, 2019.

1. nigersssssss

nigersssssss New Member New Member

Recently I have found myself finding plenty of useful addons on this site and other sites and coming from other types of open-ish source software with addons people have been known to hide backdoors and other malicious things in the code that they null and leak. I really just want to know if you have experience with this or maybe even if it's something that is very unlikely/impossible to do? If it is possible will scanning an addon with VirusTotal detect the malicious code or is there some other type of process I can do to find these bad eggs. Anyway I would appreciate your two cents, thanks ahead of time.