Question is minecraft dead?

• Hi Guest, Welcome to SN 2.0, A new start, towards making this forum great once again. A lot has happenned in the last 6 months along with a world Pandemic. As you can realize that this is a new site and i have tried to recover as much as possible from the old version but pls expect some areas which might be lost forover or replaced with better things. 1. Payment Options 2. Resources(Rebuild) 3. Fixing all Prefixes 4. Permissions & Forum Moderation are some areas which are being worked upon. I will continue to update all of you via this notification as i work in the background to get you the best experience. Lastly we will also clarify about the issues we have had. Pls have Patience as we fix all credits wallets on priority. Best Regards, SN Team. Stay Safe.
Y

Yondu

SN Donator
SN Confirmed Member
Apr 14, 2015
Credits
Hi

I personally don't think this game is dead I think it changed a lot so people don't like it anymore.

Sometimes people also tell me aren't you too old for this game?

Then I tell them why? should I right?

Reactions: Marcelo Souza
X

Xa0s

SN Confirmed Member
Sep 20, 2015
Credits
Minecraft could be dying, I don't know. I think people are leaving because of the updates but more people come back for it.
Like for every 2 people that leave 5 come back. I have been playing it since Beta 1.6 and stopped at around Release 1.8 (I heard they are at Release 1.12).

M

MadniX

Jul 27, 2017
Credits
I'm playing Minecraft with a friend of mine. But just Modpacks, not this Minigame shit where all the Youtubers get rich from with their own server xd

V

v1p3r2k5

SN Confirmed Member
Aug 6, 2017
Credits
This game is one that I don't see dying anytime soon. So many copies were sold, and new platforms are added all the time. Also, you're never too old to play with virtual Legos.

A

alex25

SN Confirmed Member
Aug 13, 2017
Credits
Don't you think that AI is killing it?

K

Kayzik

SN Confirmed Member
Apr 16, 2018
Credits
I thought I posted a similar reply to this one before but I can't seem to find it so I'll repeat it here.

The modding community on minecraft is so huge and active that even if the primary development tapered off the amount of new content that came out would continue to be insane. I can't think of a game that is similar enough to minecraft to be considered in the same category, it's like other game devs know they can't really touch minecrafts market so they don't bother. Minecraft won't really be a dead game unless something catastrophic happens or a good enough game emerges to grab the attention of the people who do actually develop new content for the players of minecraft.

Reactions: genrbre
M

mythori

Feb 20, 2016
Credits
For Minecraft Vanilla i think yes, but i play modded minecraft only.

I cant play without the extra resources :D

T

tatudo3008

SN Confirmed Member
Jun 15, 2018
Credits
With this aquitica update i dont think it's dead!
--- Posts Merged by Spam-Bot ---
With this aquitica update i dont think it's dead!

G

genrbre

Jul 3, 2018
Credits
Dead? No, it still has influence and its place in the industry. A shift of audience? Sure ;)

H

highboi

SN Confirmed Member
Aug 6, 2018
Credits
i dont think its dead, you just dont hear about it as much as you did when it first came out

C

Canbiz

Mar 14, 2017
Credits
i think minecraft is dead, i dont play this jet.
i play hearthstone, anyone too?

A

AlexReq

May 8, 2015
Credits
It is not, there are many servers having big amount of players

R

Raptoxx

SN Confirmed Member
Dec 2, 2018
Credits
I think Minecraft is not dead, many people also play this game as Standard or Modified. Many people play online, but you can not see how many are playing offline.

amendoim

amendoim

Jan 19, 2016
Credits
Minecraft can be a "kids game" but i really like it and play it sometimes, the gameplay is really cool, and if you use technic launcher you can do so many stuff, it's really cool

W

WilliamJ

Aug 1, 2018
Credits
A lot of us keep our servers private due to people trashing them.

R

redaim

Dec 16, 2019
Cybernet
Credits
Minecraft is far from dead with around 100+ million active players every month.. i would say its far from dead :p
With servers having 10-20k+ users online on daily.
And many users who just play on a server with some friends, other solo and some is "private" for only a few users.

C

cowhax

May 22, 2020
Belgium
Credits
Minecraft, especially modded minecraft and minigames, is not dead, and probably will be one of the longest lasting online games in history.
Sure, most of the people who play now played several years ago, and it's not as hyped as fortnite, but it is a damn big game.