Magento Magento 1.x vs magento 2.x, Do I need to upgrade?

• Hi Guest, Welcome to SN 2.0, A new start, towards making this forum great once again. A lot has happenned in the last 6 months along with a world Pandemic. As you can realize that this is a new site and i have tried to recover as much as possible from the old version but pls expect some areas which might be lost forover or replaced with better things. 1. Payment Options 2. Resources(Rebuild) 3. Fixing all Prefixes 4. Permissions & Forum Moderation are some areas which are being worked upon. I will continue to update all of you via this notification as i work in the background to get you the best experience. Lastly we will also clarify about the issues we have had. Pls have Patience as we fix all credits wallets on priority. Best Regards, SN Team. Stay Safe.
jattura

jattura

SN Confirmed Member
Dec 3, 2017
Asia
Credits
Is it worth upgrading that Magento 1 to the latest version 2 ? It is too trouble to upgrade :(

I

itsflanders

SN Confirmed Member
Nov 24, 2019
NL
Credits
I'd upgrade if you're still actively developing new features. Also might be worth it since Magento 1 will be end of life soon. Magento 2 brings forth a lot of positive changes such as page builder.

Reactions: testje
M

MisterX

SN Confirmed Member
Sep 23, 2017
Credits
You are kind of going to have to at some point, we've started upgrading our sites and M2 still has some bugs (big surprise) . M1 support (patches) will stop and you are going to be vulnerable to the usual hacking bs. So far though M2 is pretty good, needs optimizing for speed though, admin is really slow.

Use a migrator extension (there are some in the M2 extensions) makes life a lot easier.