Magento Magento 2 VPS & Cloud Servers

• Hi Guest, Welcome to SN 2.0, A new start, towards making this forum great once again. A lot has happenned in the last 6 months along with a world Pandemic. As you can realize that this is a new site and i have tried to recover as much as possible from the old version but pls expect some areas which might be lost forover or replaced with better things. 1. Payment Options 2. Resources(Rebuild) 3. Fixing all Prefixes 4. Permissions & Forum Moderation are some areas which are being worked upon. I will continue to update all of you via this notification as i work in the background to get you the best experience. Lastly we will also clarify about the issues we have had. Pls have Patience as we fix all credits wallets on priority. Best Regards, SN Team. Stay Safe.
alogzorazero

alogzorazero

SN Confirmed Member
Mar 2, 2016
Credits
Hosting solutions, cloud and VPS offers for Magento 2:
Guys let's share our experiences about VPS and cloud solutions for Magento 2.
There are so many well-prices offers out there but since many of them don't list exact hardware specification I thought it would be really helpful to know each other's experiences.
The famous ones are OVH, DigitalOcean, Linode, Hetzner, ScaleWay, Vultr & .... And there are some Russian & European ones with very good prices!
I've seen 6 Cores + 8GB RAM + 80GB NVMe SSD for around 30$.

Let's say some modules are a must, like (Amasty or Mirasvit Elastic Ultimate) what do you suggest for different price points and scale levels? Appreciate feedback.

W

wo1211

Apr 26, 2019
Credits
What I use is DigitalOcean Server. The price is not very cheap compared with what you post. I think if your server is for Production use, you should not only consider the performance of server, but also the stability of server which usually is the advantage of using famous and large supplier like OVH, DigitalOcean, Linode.

R

reruno

May 14, 2019
Credits
I've used Sparknode and DigitalOcean before I decided to use a dedicated server where performance really is better and worth the increase. I really would recommend a dedicated server. If not, it's important to use a relatively well-known supplier. Any savings you think you might get using a cheaper supplier is usually negated by the stress it causes with any issues you may run into.

Reactions: alogzorazero
S

sercan döndü

Mar 12, 2019
Credits
Magento really hard for me cause its so complex

alogzorazero

alogzorazero

SN Confirmed Member
Mar 2, 2016
Credits
I choose Amazon EC2 for important jobs.
EC2, Google, Azure, well those are the big guns :D

My personal experience with Linode, Vultr, DigitalOcean, OVH, UpCloud so far for different projects have been the same, more or less. OVH won't offer user-friendly support for non experts out there but it is a good value. Long story short they are pretty much the same. Hopefully we will soon test ScaleWay, SoYouStart and a few more to see if there are dramatic changes in price/value.

M

mohd

SN Confirmed Member
Dec 29, 2018
Earth
Credits
I am using a2hosting, they have low price plans for about 350$ for three years then renewed every three years for 650$ but on a shared server. I get 3gb ram. I know shared servers are weak at first but it is good for new sites. I managed to speed everything in frontend using litemage caching extension because a2 used litespeed web servers. The caching techniques makes it like i am running on a dedicated server because little traffic is reaching my server and most traffic are reaching a2 dedicated server.
Most import thing if you are choosing a shared server is that ram must be at least 2GB.

O

ozanyeni

SN Confirmed Member
Jul 16, 2019
Credits
We are using magemojo hosting, they use aws system . And support is great .

M

Mortifier

SN Confirmed Member
Feb 13, 2017
Credits
What I use is DigitalOcean Server. The price is not very cheap compared with what you post. I think if your server is for Production use, you should not only consider the performance of server, but also the stability of server which usually is the advantage of using famous and large supplier like OVH, DigitalOcean, Linode.
How did you configure your server? My dedicated seems a little slow.