Question PHP connect with MSSQL server

• Hi Guest, Welcome to SN 2.0, A new start, towards making this forum great once again. A lot has happenned in the last 6 months along with a world Pandemic. As you can realize that this is a new site and i have tried to recover as much as possible from the old version but pls expect some areas which might be lost forover or replaced with better things. 1. Payment Options 2. Resources(Rebuild) 3. Fixing all Prefixes 4. Permissions & Forum Moderation are some areas which are being worked upon. I will continue to update all of you via this notification as i work in the background to get you the best experience. Lastly we will also clarify about the issues we have had. Pls have Patience as we fix all credits wallets on priority. Best Regards, SN Team. Stay Safe.
C

conhan

Oct 23, 2018
Credits
Hello all,
I'm newbie on PHP, i want connect PHP with database of MS SQL Server. My PHP code run on Ubuntu 16.04 server with apache.
I user function sqlsrv_connect but it not working.
Can you help me!

P

progs_00

SN Confirmed Member
Mar 13, 2017
Credits
Hi @conhan

We need some more info to be able to help you. What kind of error do you get? (you can use sqlsrv_errors() to find out)

Reactions: saniellocutor
undercontr

undercontr

SN Confirmed Member
Sep 11, 2019
Credits
Microsoft SQL is not meant for PHP. Yes, you can always use it with drivers but it just won't give you the performance you are looking for. Use MSSQL and PHP only if you must! If you can, work with ASP.NET. Because it works with MSSQL seamlessly.