Question Shared hosting or VPS?

Ljarra

I have a VPS.

I use a few dedicated IP's and allocate more bandwidth for large scale sites, and the root/shared IP to bundle all the smaller sites that don't require much SEO.

Icss

I usually start on shared hosting, if the site gets popular you can easily upgrade to VPS or set up a dedicated later on.

tagger

Registered+
SN Confirmed Member
I use shared hosting for most of my clients, sites. Just cuz I am lazy, and I dont want to have the responsibility to host them sites myself. I could earn some cash though, if I'd pack all my clients sites on my own VPS....

CeeOhTwo

Registered+
SN Confirmed Member
Shared server if the site is mainly 'a holding page' with very little traffic; a VPS (or even a dedicated) server if you're serious about business or engaged in delivering professional services with higher than usual traffic.

ozzdesignermx

Registered+
SN Confirmed Member
In my pov depends on your skills and experience also.

You know how to correctly setup a email server? Ftp server? And security?

If the answer is no look for a shared hosting.

I know that out there some web hosting companies offer free suppprt forma vps but it's limited.

And also, as many here said: how many users are you going to have concurrently? Is it a website or app that it's critical?

Make those questions to yourself and then decide
--- Posts Merged by Spam-Bot ---
In my pov depends on your skills and experience also.

You know how to correctly setup a email server? Ftp server? And security?

If the answer is no look for a shared hosting.

I know that out there some web hosting companies offer free suppprt forma vps but it's limited.

And also, as many here said: how many users are you going to have concurrently? Is it a website or app that it's critical?

Make those questions to yourself and then decide

snyyyz

Always VPS.
Often cheaper and faster... And you only have to know the basics of Linux etc to get it running.

dgn32

i think vps is the best solution
--- Posts Merged by Spam-Bot ---
because you can host many hosting on it VPS

Othman

Registered+
SN Confirmed Member
VPS for sure as over there you are the boss and no one else can mess around with your stuff, without your permission (or poor security policy) at least.
Plus, it's a great chance to get your hands dirty with the linux commands over ssh even the hard way and start learning useful things.

wic

try vps with digitalocean it's cheap and you can setup your own hosting which is good especially for developer but if you have still no new in development shared hosting is a good options.

zachbjsp

shared hosting is better unless you have large very visited site or the site that needs to send e-mail newsletters i thing. VPS means alot of time spend on tuning it.

darksynz

Registered+
SN Confirmed Member
You can bearly run a wordpress site on shared hosting without visitors leaving. At the very least, get cloud hosting. If that isn't enough, you can do vps or dedicated hosting.