Question Which is the best Magento 2 pagespeed optimization extension?

RaidenX

Hey, I am building a Magento 2 website right now. I am hosting it on a VPS but when a new user is opening the website it took time like 2 seconds for the website to process the request. I am looking for a good solution to optimize the perfomance of the website. Any ideas?

hpower

VIP Yearly
Lifetime VIP
The best is a good light theme(porto theme).

Varnish for the static and redis for frontend en backend cache.

RaidenX

I've checked Varnish as I've read with proper configuration I will have to dedicate around 3 to 4GB RAM. I've checked redis as well but if what I am looking is right my server will never handle it. Upon checking their docs Redis Docs I saw that the recommended RAM is >=30GB wow. Such a server will cost a lot of money. Do you have any other solution if we drop those 2 options?

spoonman

I was running M1 a years ago on my VPS, but it was a pain in ass. Today I run M2 on specialized hosting (with Varnish, Redis, Elasticsearch, daily backups, ...) and my site is running pretty fast with 4k products and a lot of extensions. But the best thing is the "staging" feature, where you can clone your store and experiment with settings and extensions and your live store is untouched.

It cost me cca 60 €/m, but I don't need to mess with VPS myself.

And to your question. Maybe some sort of Cache Warmer will help you to speed up the first visit/page load.

RaidenX

Could you give me a rought estimate on how much you spend / month for running all those services ( Varnish, Redis, Elastic ).

spoonman

I'm running 2 servers on Cloudways.
1. is live server: 4GB RAM, 2 Core processor, 80GB SSD disk, 4TB transfer = 42 $ / month
2. is staging server with 2GB RAM, 1 Core processor, 50GB SSD disk, 2TB transfer = 21 $ / month
All those services are included in this price.

RaidenX

Wow, I will check Cloudways, when I saw the Redis documation I understood that in order to run the recommended RAM it requires is 30GB. I guess I understood it wrong or there is a way to optimize the RAM management. Thank you