Magento which one to chose magento or shopify?

• Hi Guest, Welcome to SN 2.0, A new start, towards making this forum great once again. A lot has happenned in the last 6 months along with a world Pandemic. As you can realize that this is a new site and i have tried to recover as much as possible from the old version but pls expect some areas which might be lost forover or replaced with better things. 1. Payment Options 2. Resources(Rebuild) 3. Fixing all Prefixes 4. Permissions & Forum Moderation are some areas which are being worked upon. I will continue to update all of you via this notification as i work in the background to get you the best experience. Lastly we will also clarify about the issues we have had. Pls have Patience as we fix all credits wallets on priority. Best Regards, SN Team. Stay Safe.
I

iamdev

SN Confirmed Member
Sep 21, 2019
Credits
i believe these 2 are top eCommerce tools available in market but sometime i got confused which one to chose and recommend to clients. will some one help me with that?

Reactions: smb
S

Sunil Vishwakarma

Sep 26, 2019
Credits
Personally, I love magento it is very user friendly and you can get the all the features as the your requirements.

sopify is ecommerce soluction platform which provides ready made website where you can build online store in their design.

Reactions: iamdev
S

smb

SN Confirmed Member
Sep 25, 2019
Credits
Well, it depends on you client needs.
Magento2 allows you extend your store functionality by adding new custom modules
Using Shopify you can install only those modules which is located in Marketplace.

I

iamdev

SN Confirmed Member
Sep 21, 2019
Credits
Personally, I love magento it is very user friendly and you can get the all the features as the your requirements.

sopify is ecommerce soluction platform which provides ready made website where you can build online store in their design.
yes i love magento 2 but magento 2 still has lot of bugs and it it allowing shopify to capture the market.

zerdnem

zerdnem

SN Confirmed Member
Apr 1, 2019
Credits
Magento if you want a customizable ecommerce websitel but keep in mind that you will have to spend alot of money just to keep the site going

J

JHh

Oct 9, 2019
Credits
It depends:
  • Are you selling lots of products?
  • Are your products simple (e.g. colour, size) or highly configurable/complex?
  • Are you integrating your site with other tools and services?
If you're looking for something to sell a low/medium amount of simple products without the need for complex integrations with other tools, Spotify is the best. Magento is much more powerful and should be used by professionals and those with less straightforward product bases.

Z

ZetZTF

SN Confirmed Member
Nov 30, 2019
Spain
Credits
Shopify is a poor platform... I use PrestaShop during 5 years . For recommendations I migrate to Shopify. After 6 months i returning to PrestaShop again... Shopify is a shit. Expensive... All add-ons by subscriptions... No multilanguage (need subscription to third party traducers)

Magento!!!!!!!

Z

ZetZTF

SN Confirmed Member
Nov 30, 2019
Spain
Credits
It depends:
  • Are you selling lots of products?
  • Are your products simple (e.g. colour, size) or highly configurable/complex?
  • Are you integrating your site with other tools and services?
If you're looking for something to sell a low/medium amount of simple products without the need for complex integrations with other tools, Spotify is the best. Magento is much more powerful and should be used by professionals and those with less straightforward product bases.
Yes , Spotify is ok lol

Z

ZetZTF

SN Confirmed Member
Nov 30, 2019
Spain
Credits
Also is better option PrestaShop Ready. A closed platform like Shopify. But most cheaper and most powerful